Monday, 18 April 2011

Business Advice for Small Business Owners & Entrepreneurs

I don’t have an MBA from Harvard; I’m not a doctor of business; I’m not a billionaire and I’ve never written a best selling book on how to succeed in business.

Then why have I decided to give advice on how to conduct business? What qualifies me to dispense these pearls of wisdom?

The answer is simple. I’ve been in business for over 25 years. That means that I’ve had my share of successes and failures; I’ve enjoyed the rush of landing a huge order and the despair of losing one which I had banked everything on getting. I’ve dealt with bank managers who only want to loan you money if you can prove that you don’t need it; I’ve faced the reality of having to cut my losses and close a business which was sucking the life out of me.

In other words I’ve paid my school fees and lived to tell the tale. More importantly I’ve learned (usually the hard way) what works and what doesn’t work in business. If I can help only one person to avoid the pitfalls that I went through and to apply the lessons I’ve learned over the last 25 years, then I will have achieved what I set out to do.

Over the next few weeks I’m going to be sharing some things which some of you may already know, but will be a revelation for others. Please let me know if my articles are helpful and feel free to reply with any advice you may have on how to be successful in business.

- Tooky Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment